Pay: £9.99 per hour Grade C (£11,688.30 per annum)
Location: Williams Kitchen, Aylsham Road, Norwich
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 22.5 hours per week
- To carry out the preparation of food and other associated tasks within the catering team. To ensure that at all times the Food Safety Plan is followed, and all work is undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety legislation, Environmental Health Guidelines and Food Hygiene requirements.
- Further information can be found at – Chef Job Description
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will hold a NVQ Level 2 in Catering or Food Preparation and Cooking Level 2, and have the ability to prepare food in a commercial kitchen in a pressurised environment. You will be able to work well as part of a team, and be able to communicate clearly.
What you’ll get in return:
- £500 signing on bonus (T&C’s apply)**
- Great work-life balance with a 4 week rolling work rota
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- 34 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- An additional day of annual leave (pro rata) awarded after 5 and 10 years of continuous Long Service
- Access to contributory stakeholder pension scheme after 3 months
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café, Williams Kitchen Café, Explorers Soft Play & Muddy Puddles Nursery
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Vicki Palmer on 07849 085023 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th May 2022 at 9am
We reserve the right to close the online vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Interview date: TBC
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Basic DBS check prior to starting employment.
** (£500 signing on bonus applies to external applicants only and will only apply to those vacancies indicated. The bonus will be paid to the employee once they have received written confirmation of successfully completing their probationary period as outlined in their contract of employment. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a signing on bonus at any time without notice).